Develop student work with expert feedback.
Engaging experts to provide feedback on student work is a great way to bridge the real world and your classroom. Students learn how to ask for, receive and integrate feedback from professionals and have an opportunity to practice their professional communication skills.
How does this fit with my class?
These feedback sessions prepare students to elevate their work for college and careers.
- Communicate and engage with professionals
- Receive instruction and feedback on work from expert practitioners
- Integrate expert feedback on school work or a project
- Learn about a specific career path and education requirements
- In school
- Out of school
What will my students gain?
From the Partnership for 21st Century Learning:
Creativity & Innovation
- Be open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives; incorporate group input and feedback into the work
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Use various types of reasoning as appropriate to the situation
Communication & Collaboration
- Use communication for a range of purposes (e.g. to inform, instruct, motivate and persuade)
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts
Life & Career Skills
- Deal positively with praise, setbacks and criticism
- Set goals with tangible and intangible success criteria
Productivity & Accountability
- Set and meet goals
- Is accountable for results
- Manages time and projects effectively