Get your students interview ready!
Working with partners to support students with writing resumes and conducting mock interviews can build students’ skills and confidence.
How does this fit with my class?
Prepare your students for interviews by providing the skills they will need when applying for college, internship and job opportunities.
- Create a resume
- Draft talking points
- Learn key verbal and nonverbal interview skills
- Communicate effectively with professionals
- Articulate strengths and experiences
- In school
- Out of school
What will my students gain?
From the Partnership for 21st Century Learning:
Creativity & Innovation
- Be open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives; incorporate group input and feedback into the work
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Use various types of reasoning as appropriate to the situation
Communication & Collaboration
- Use communication for a range of purposes (e.g. to inform, instruct, motivate and persuade)
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts
Life & Career Skills
- Incorporate feedback effectively
- Deal positively with praise, setbacks and criticism